EU offers bank resolution plan, USDA permits more meat in school lunches, and more.
- European finance ministers reached agreement on a Eurozone banking union ahead of a European Union summit in Brussels.
- The Consumer Financial Trading Commission (CFTC) defeated a challenge to a mutual fund commodities rule.
- Governments disagreed on Internet control at UN Internet conference in Dubai.
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) issued major report on credit-reporting and disputes over accuracy of credit data.
- Members of Congress inquired into a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) launch of a dynamic airwave-sharing scheme.
- The Department of Agriculture (USDA) announced that limits on meat and grains in schools lunches will be raised.
- The EPA found radioactive contamination at former rocket test site near Los Angeles.
- Residents of Malibu, California, hired a private tugboat to remove rotting whale from beach, since no government agencies acted.
- New York City’s Mayor Bloomberg signed a law restricting pedicab fares in New York City.