HHS implements provisions of the ACA, CFPB and FDIC reportedly investigate online payday lending, and more.
- The Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) proposed a rule to stop payments under the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program to food sellers suspected of fraud.
- The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) published a final rule permitting credit unions to buy Treasury Inflation Protected Securities.
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) published a final rule instituting standards for health insurance markets, health insurers, and states under the Affordable Care Act.
- The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) requested comments on its proposed approach to manage privacy concerns with its unmanned aircraft test program.
- The Federal Reserve Board of Governors (Fed) has extended the comment period on a proposed rule on regulating foreign banking and financial institutions under the Dodd-Frank Act.
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) are reportedly investigating the role of large banks in enabling illegal online payday lending.
- Members of the European Parliament announced that member states must do a better job at enforcing EU food labeling and food chain laws and regulations in the wake of the European horse meat scandal.
- The U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) published an interim final rule on whistleblower protections for workers reporting employer violations of the Affordable Care Act.
- The U.S. Senate confirmed Jacob J. Lew as the 76th Secretary of the Treasury.