President Obama announces efforts to fight climate change, the SEC approves a rule on executive pay transparency, and more…
IN THE NEWS
- The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) approved a rule requiring public companies to disclose the ratio of their executive compensation and median employee compensation.
- The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit held that the Fair Labor Standards Act does not grant expert witness fee awards to plaintiffs.
- The U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit scheduled oral arguments over the Federal Communications Commission‘s (FCC) net-neutrality rules.
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) proposed stronger standards for “restricted-use” pesticide application.
- The Los Angeles City Council voted to slow down its plans to grant access to the Los Angeles International Airport to ride-hailing services such as Uber and Lyft.
- Federal Reserve Governor Jerome Powell spoke on Treasury market liquidity at The Brookings Institution.