The Energy and Commerce Committee releases draft legislation making changes to the FDA and NIH, the SEC releases a proposed rule about executive compensation, and more…
- The Energy and Commerce Committee released draft legislation making changes to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) that includes provisions to reduce approval times and increase the use of patient data in decision-making.
- The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) released a proposed rule requiring companies to disclose earnings of top executives and show that those earnings match the companies’ performances.
- U.S. House Representatives Cathy McMorris Rodgers and Loretta Sanchez held a press conference to discuss the recently-introduced Common Sense Nutrition Disclosure Act, legislation which would curb some of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) regulations that require companies to disclose the calories contained in their food and drink products.
- The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) issued an advance notice of proposed rulemaking (ANPR) requesting comments about new recordkeeping requirements for large banks that would allow for quicker insurance payments to depositors if a bank fails.
- The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) published a final rule regarding wage calculations for H-2B temporary non-agricultural workers.
- The U.S. Public Health Service (PHS) published an updated guidance in which it recommended that community water systems lower the amount of fluoride in tap water in order to prevent dental caries.
- In an effort to protect the health of miners and encourage accurate benefit determinations, the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) proposed incorporating a rule into the Black Lung Benefits Act, which would require that parties submitting claims for benefits provide all medical information related to their claims.
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Rural Housing Service (RHS) released a final rule on the section 502 direct single family housing loan program, which is intended to assist low-income people seeking to achieve homeownership in rural areas.