President Obama cuts greenhouse emissions from federal sources, the Senate holds a hearing on improving federal regulatory procedures, and more…
- President Obama signed an executive order reducing greenhouse emissions from the federal government.
- The U.S. Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs held a hearing to examine federal rulemaking and regulatory procedures.
- Premier Li Keqiang of China pushed for action on air pollution during the final session of this year’s meeting of the National People’s Congress.
- California passed new mandatory water conservation rules due to its ongoing drought.
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued a rule finalizing a method of review to enhance emissions controls.