President Obama proposes a new way to regulate food, the House votes to require federal agencies to measure regulatory costs, and more…
- President Obama proposed consolidating regulatory authority over food in a new agency within the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) in his 2016 Budget.
- The U.S. House of Representatives passed a bill meant to require federal agencies to measure the cost of regulations on small businesses.
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) announced the publication of new standards designed to help farmers prevent poultry diseases.
- The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) extended the comment period on proposed safety standards for miners.
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) issued a new rule on Head Start eligibility determination.
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) proposed a rule designed to encourage mortgage lenders to operate in underserved markets.