The FDA announces a change to its ban on blood donations from gay men, the Justice Department extends is application of Title VII protections, and more…
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced plans to revise its policy banning blood donations by gay men.
- The Department of Justice (DOJ) announced it will consider claims of transgender discrimination to fall under the protection of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.
- The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) extended the public comment period for evaluating some standards of care.
- The U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) issued a report recommending state and local government budget cuts.
- The White House Council of Economic Advisors announced that third-quarter U.S. GDP growth is at its strongest since 2003.
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) published data showing that the road fatality rate is at an all-time low.
- The Superior Court of California ruled that California can list the chemical BPA as hazardous to reproductive health.
- Six agencies issued a combined credit risk retention rule under Dodd-Frank.