President Obama announces the restoration of diplomatic relations with Cuba, the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals rejects a law suit relating to air quality standards, and more…
- President Obama announced the U.S. plans to restore diplomatic relations with Cuba.
- The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit rejected a suit over EPA Ozone National Ambient Air Quality Standards.
- The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration closed a commercial fishing season early because of overfishing.
- The United States Patent and Trademark Office issued guidelines following a Supreme Court companion limiting available patent types for software.
- The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration issued recommendations and called for public comments on efforts to control false seafood labels.
- Mark Rosenkind was confirmed as the new National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) administrator.
- The Department of Defense (DOD) issued an interim rule focusing on “inverted domestic companies” who move overseas for tax purposes.