Midterm elections give Republicans control of the Senate, the EPA reaches an historic Clean Air Act settlement, and more…
- The 2014 elections took place, with the Republican Party gaining enough seats to take control of the Senate.
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Department of Justice (DOJ) reached the largest Clean Air Act settlement in history for charges against Korean automakers for allegedly overstating vehicle fuel economy ratings.
- The Department of Education issued new measures for evaluating certain post-secondary education programs.
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) issued amendments to its mortgage rules under Dodd-Frank.
- Argentina accused Procter & Gamble of fraud and suspended the company’s operations in their country.
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued a proposed information collection request for comments on drinking water infrastructure needs.
- The U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) issued a report criticizing the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) use of government contracts.