The White House moves forward on a federal minimum wage rule, The Treasury Department addresses corporate inversions, Eric Holder announces his resignation, and more…
- Attorney General Eric Holder announced his plans to resign.
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) issued new drug-free workplace requirements for financial assistance.
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced public meetings to discuss the development of abuse-deterrent opioid meditations.
- The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) moved forward on a rule requiring companies to provide information about real estate and auto assets backing securities.
- A report from the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) identified improvements needed in the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau‘s (CFPB) data collection procedures to protect privacy.
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) released its Great Lakes Restoration Initiative Action Plan to revitalize the lakes over the next 5 years.
- The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) moved forward with new public utilities rules, including standards for business practices.
- The White House finalized review of a rule raising the federal contractor minimum wage to $10.10 per hour.