The Circuit Courts are split on the ACA’s IRS rule, the DOT cracks down on safety transporting crude oil by railway, and more…
- The White House announced plans to revise aspects of the contraception mandate, aimed at providing free birth control access to employees of religious nonprofit organizations.
- The Securities and Exchange Commission revised its rules on money market mutual funds to reduce the risk of investor runs.
- The Department of Transportation proposed a new rule to increase safety in the transportation of crude oil via rail.
- Former Representative Barney Frank testified before the House Financial Services Committee, defending the Dodd-Frank Act in a hearing marking its fourth anniversary.
- The D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals issued a decision finding that the Affordable Care Act (ACA) does not authorize the Internal Revenue Service to provide tax credits for insurance purchased on federal exchanges.
- The Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals upheld the same portion of the ACA that the D.C. Circuit decided was invalid.
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau called for consumer complaints in efforts to investigate potential problems with prepaid cards.
- President Obama signed an Executive Order prohibiting discrimination based on sexual orientation by federal contractors.