The FCC extends comment period on open internet rules, the EEOC updated its Guidance on pregnancy discrimination, and more…
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) extended the public comment period for new fracking rules.
- Citi settled for approximately $7 billion, the largest civil penalty of its kind, after investigation into toxic home loans.
- Merger talks in big tobacco industry ignited antitrust concerns.
- The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) extended public comment period on open internet rules until July 18, 2014.
- For the first time in 30 years, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) updated its Guidance on pregnancy discrimination.
- The U.S. House of Representatives passed a bill adding $11 million to the nearly empty highway trust fund.
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) announced funding to modernize electric infrastructure in several states with $263.3 million investment.
- The Deputy Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) announced that he will resign to lead an energy and climate advocacy group.
- Cost concerns slowed the development of a bill meant to reform the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA).