The DOL proposed raising the minimum wage for federal contractors, France pushes new regulations for large American internet companies, and more…
- The Department of Labor (DOL) proposed raising the hourly minimum wage paid to individuals who work on Federal contracts.
- France began to consider new regulations for large American internet companies.
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) began to finalize the 2014 renewable fuel standards under the Clean Air Act.
- The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that federal laws prohibit straw purchases.
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued draft guidance documents for industry on social media and internet communications about medical products.
- The debate raged in California over the regulation of rideshare companies.
- Senators proposed raising the gas tax for the first time since 1993.
- President Obama proposed creation of “world’s largest marine sanctuary.”