The CFTC hired a new director, The Senate passed a new veterans’ health care bill, The FDA clarified a policy statement, and more…
- President Obama pushed for more students to have the opportunity to cap their student loan payments at 10 percent of their income.
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued a progress report on improving the safety and security of chemical facilities.
- Conservative and environmental groups sued the National Security Agency (NSA) for records about Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) officials.
- The Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) hired Aitan D. Goelman as its new enforcement director.
- The Consumer FInancial Protection Bureau (CFPB) requested information on how mobile banking services can help low-income individuals.
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) clarified a policy statement that threatened the cheese-making industry.
- The Senate passed new veterans’ health care and accountability legislation.
- The Supreme Court held that the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act (FDCA) does not preempt an action under deceptive advertising law.