SCOTUS upholds EPA’s cross-state pollution regulation, USDA issues new organic food labeling guidelines, and more…
- The U.S. Department of the Interior (DOI) proposed a rule to allow Alaskan tribes to restore tribal lands through trusts.
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a final rule prohibiting nutrient content claims for specific omega-3 fatty acids.
- Laws in New York and Chicago making e-cigarettes subject to the same regulations as tobacco came into force this week.
- The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) announced notice of proposed rulemaking for fluorescent and incandescent reflector lamps aimed to cut energy costs and mitigate environmental impacts.
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) grants permit to Texas Clean-Energy Electricity Plant to construct a natural gas fired plant that would promote clean energy and add jobs.
- The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service’s (FWS) final rule added two types of frogs to the List of Endangered and Threatened Wildlife.
- The U.S. Supreme Court upheld the EPA’s regulation on cross-state air pollution.
- The EPA proposed a rule to use new herbicide to combat weeds affecting genetically engineered corn and soybeans.
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) proposed changes to mortgage rules to expand access for nonprofits and the underserved.