FDA proposes new e-cigarette rules, USDA announces $66 million grant for specialty crop growers, and more…
- The D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals upheld mercury regulations adopted by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) under the Clean Air Act.
- Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz and White House counselor John Podesta announced a $15 million program to help state and local governments invest in solar power infrastructure.
- New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman subpoenaed six trading firms in a continuing high-frequency trading investigation.
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) announced a $66 million grant to state departments of agriculture for programs to help support local specialty crop growers.
- The European Parliament approved a proposed directive to help victims of European Union antitrust rules claim damages.
- The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) charged a former BP employee with insider trading during the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill.
- The USDA announced that it would require pork producers to report instances of the swine flu virus and track affected pigs.
- The Small Business Administration (SBA) proposed a new rule that would enable parolees and probationers to participate in its Microloan Program.