Senate Democrats hold “climate change talkathon,” judge effectively strikes down FAA drone rule, and more…
- Senate Democrats held a fifteen hour “climate change talkathon” to point out that it is a “politically urgent issue.”
- The U.S. Department of the Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) released final rules on information reporting under the Affordable Care Act.
- A judge effectively struck down a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) rule banning commercial drones.
- Howard Shelanski, head of the White House’s Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA), testified before a House subcommittee on regulatory reform, stating that “[r]etrospective review is a crucial way to ensure that our regulatory system is modern.”
- The Commissioner for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) testified before a Senate committee on the approval of the painkiller Zohydro.
- Advocacy groups sued the FDA for allegedly not issuing a rule to require mercury disclosures in seafood in a timely manner.
- The Board of Governors for the Federal Reserve System (Fed), the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) issued final guidance on Dodd-Frank stress tests for medium-sized firms.
- The British Financial Conduct Authority released a regulatory approach to internet-based crowdfunding.
- European telecom groups urged the European Union to relax competition rules.