The Fed adopts the Volcker Rule, Congress announced a budget deal, and more…
- The Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (Fed) adopted the Volcker Rule, placing new regulations on proprietary trading by banks.
- The House and Senate budget negotiators announced a deal that, if adopted, would head off government shutdown.
- In light of the Federal Communication Commission’s (FCC) initiated procedure to allow the use of electronic devices on flights, Republican representatives reportedly introduced a bill to ban in-flight calls
- The controversial Fish and Wildlife Services (FWS) rule eliminating gray wolf protections will close in one week.
- State regulators reportedly stopped the shipping of sriracha until mid-January.
- The Mayor of Honolulu reportedly signed a bill to ban the growth of genetically-modified crops.
- Michigan legislators reportedly passed a bill that would block insurance plans “covering abortion unless the woman’s life is in danger.”
- A Florida appeals court reportedly said state universities may not regulate firearms on campus.