Appeals court rules NRC violates law, Court sides with SEC, and more…
- The U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia held that the Nuclear Resource Council is violating the law by allegedly delaying decision on Nevada nuclear dump site.
- A magistrate judge for the Eastern District of Texas sided with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and rules that bitcoin is money.
- The U.S. Department of Justice said that the proposed merger of U.S. Airways and American Airlines would allegedly violate antitrust laws.
- The Consumer Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) issued a rule on risk management standards for systematically important derivatives clearing organizations.
- The Apple Corporation won its recent U.S International Trade Commission case, even though Samsung may have won the war.
- The U.S. Department of Commerce planned to solicit comments on developing an online licensing environment.