CFPB rules aims to make mortgages safer, USDA declares drought, and more.
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) announced it is issuing new mortgage rules to limit risky lending.
- The Obama Administration said it is considering taking executive action on gun control.
- The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) declared a drought disaster in large portions of Kansas, Colorado, Oklahoma, and Texas.
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) detailed its proposal for new sound requirements for hybrids and EV’s traveling below 18 miles per hour.
- The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) enforcement chief Robert Khuzami announced plans to step down.
- The Department of Interior announced it will perform an “expedited, high-level assessment” of the 2012 Arctic offshore drilling season.
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced a public meeting to discuss standardization and availability of medical device labeling
- A federal judge declared the New York Police Department’s ‘stop-and-frisk’ policy unconstitutional.