FTC drops Google investigation, oil spill settlement results in $1.4 billion fine, and more
- Transocean agreed to pay $1.4 billion in civil, criminal fines for 2010 Gulf spill. See related The Regulatory Review essay.
- The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) began to address allegedly unjust phone rates for prisoners.
- The Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) issued new rules that may help exchanges break brokers’ control over swaps.
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) asked for approval to conduct a study on using corrective television ads to remedy mistakes in prior ads.
- The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) issued an immigration rule change that may keep families together.
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) highlighted its collaboration with tribal governments to promote consumer awareness on the sound use of financial settlement funds.
- China toughened restrictions on use of the Internet.
- Virginia Governor Robert McDonnell certified stricter abortion clinic regulations.